Last Updated on May 5, 2023 by Lori Walker
Cheesecake is a classic dessert often served at parties, family gatherings, and other special occasions. One of the most important components of baking a delicious cheesecake is having the right equipment.
A springform pan is often used as the foundation for baking a cheesecake, but what happens if you don’t have one?
Can you make cheesecake without a springform pan? Our team tried an experiment, and this is what we found out.
Is It Possible To Make Cheesecake Without A Springform Pan?
Yes, it is possible to make cheesecake without a springform pan. One alternative that we tried is using a regular cake pan and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
Another option is to use a pie dish or a deep dish. Make sure the dish is deep enough to hold the cheesecake filling and the crust.
“From cheesecake on a stick to meat skewers to deep-fried bananas on a stick – there are no plates anymore. In Los Angeles, everything has become a corn dog. Actually, corn dogs still work. But most other food should be stickless.”– Steve Carell, American Actor
When it’s done baking, you can carefully remove the cheesecake from the pan with a knife and then serve it as usual.
When using a round pan, you may need to line the sides of the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil to prevent the cake from sticking once it’s cooked. Grease the pan lightly with butter or nonstick cooking spray .
Different Options For Baking Without A Springform Pan
- Pie Plate: Grease the pie plate with butter or cooking spray. Line the bottom of the dish with parchment paper. Prepare the cheesecake batter according to the recipe and pour it into the dish. Bake according to the recipe instructions.
- Cake Pan: Grease the cake pan with butter or cooking spray. Cut a round piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the cake pan. Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan and bake according to the recipe instructions.
- 9×13 Baking Dish: Grease the baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the dish. Pour the cheesecake batter into the dish and bake according to the recipe instructions.
- Loaf Pan: Grease the loaf pan with butter or cooking spray. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan. Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan and bake according to the recipe instructions.
- Muffin Tin: Grease the muffin tin with butter or cooking spray. Cut small circles of parchment paper to fit the bottom of each muffin cup. Pour the cheesecake batter into the cups and bake according to the recipe instructions.
Also Read: Can Baking Pans Be Used On The Stove?
Tips On How To Make Perfect Cheesecake
- Use Room Temperature Ingredients: Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature before you begin. This will make the cheesecake smoother and creamier.
- Use a Springform Pan: Springform pans are essential when making cheesecakes. The sides of the pan come off easily, allowing you to get clean slices of cheesecake.
- Bake in a Water Bath: Baking your cheesecake in a water bath will help ensure that it cooks evenly and does not crack. To do this, wrap the bottom and sides of the springform pan with foil and place it in a larger baking dish. Fill the larger baking dish with very hot water.
- Let It Cool Slowly: After baking, turn the oven off and let the cheesecake cool for at least an hour. This will help prevent cracking.
- Chill the Cheesecake: Cover it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours once it has cooled. This will help the flavors develop.
- Serve with Toppings: Once the cheesecake has been chilled, you can serve it with your favorite toppings. Some popular options include whipped cream, fresh fruit, or a drizzle of chocolate.
Can you make cheesecake without a mixer?
Yes, you can make cheesecake without a mixer, as you can mix the ingredients by hand. You can also use a food processor or blender to mix the ingredients.
Can you easily remove cheesecake from a regular pan?
Yes, you can easily remove cheesecake from a regular pan by running a knife around the edges of the cheesecake and then inverting it onto a serving plate.
Check out these easy steps to prepare a springform pan for cheesecake here.
Do you let the cheesecake cool before removing the springform pan?
It is important to let the cheesecake cool completely before attempting to remove it from the springform pan.
Making a delicious cheesecake  without a springform pan is possible, but it is much easier with one.
If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a regular cake pan and line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil to prevent sticking.
You can also use a tart pan or a pie plate, although those may be harder to get the cheesecake out of without breaking it.
The key is ensuring the pan is greased well and has something to line it with.
- How to Make Cornmeal Pudding: Step-by-Step Guide - December 1, 2023
- How to Make Cornbread Without Cornmeal: Easy Alternatives - November 28, 2023
- How Long Does Cornmeal Last? Shelf Life & Storage Tips - November 27, 2023