Last Updated on January 30, 2023 by Lori Walker
Pillsbury biscuits are a popular convenience food used in various recipes and dishes. But how long do they stay fresh and edible?
Our team will discuss how long Pillsbury biscuits are good for, what storage methods are best to keep them fresh, and signs to look out for that indicate they have gone bad.
How Long Can Pillsbury Biscuits Last?
Pillsbury biscuits  can last several days when stored at room temperature. The biscuits can last up to four weeks if stored in the refrigerator. The biscuits can last up to six months if stored in the freezer.
It is important to note that the shelf life of Pillsbury biscuits may vary depending on how they are stored and made.
For instance, biscuits made with shortening could last longer than biscuits made with butter.
The best way to ensure that Pillsbury biscuits stay fresh for as long as possible is to store them in an airtight container. This will prevent the biscuits from becoming stale or absorbing any moisture or odors from the refrigerator or pantry.
Additionally, it is important to check the expiration date on the package before consuming the biscuits, as they may spoil before the expiration date if stored improperly.
Can Freezing Them Affect The Taste?
Freezing Pillsbury biscuits can cause them to change in texture and potentially affect their flavor. Freezing may cause the frozen biscuits to become denser and chewier, which could be noticeable in the flavor.
Additionally, thawing the biscuits can cause them to become soggy sometimes, which can also affect the taste.
If you are freezing Pillsbury biscuits, it is important to ensure they are properly sealed in an airtight bag or container to help preserve the taste and texture.
How To Make Pillsbury Biscuits Flaky
To make flaky Pillsbury Biscuits, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the can of biscuits and place them onto the parchment paper.
“When I get tired, I start eating things that I wouldn’t normally crave, like biscuits, because they’ll give me a bit of energy to keep going. “– Carol Vorderman, Media Personality
Bake for 10-12 minutes, and then pull them out of the oven. Brush the top of the biscuits with melted butter  and return them to the oven for an additional 2-3 minutes.
This will create a flaky and golden crust outside the biscuits.
Do Biscuits Go Bad If Not Refrigerated?
Biscuits do not necessarily go bad if not refrigerated, but they will not last as long as if stored in the refrigerator.
Biscuits will generally last for several days at room temperature but may start to dry out and become stale after a few days.
It is best to store any biscuit in a cool, dry place, such as an airtight container or a sealed bag. If biscuits are not refrigerated, they should be used within a few days for the freshest taste.
Tips & Tricks On How To Store Pillsbury Biscuits
- Store Pillsbury biscuits in an airtight container or a sealed bag at room temperature.
- Place the container or bag in a dry and cool place away from direct sunlight.
- You can place a slice of bread in the container or bag to prevent the biscuits from going stale. The bread will absorb the moisture in the air and keep the biscuits fresh.
- If you plan to store the biscuits for longer, you can freeze them. To do so, wrap each biscuit with plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or a freezer bag.
- Thaw the biscuits before baking them to prevent them from becoming soggy.
Signs That Biscuits Might Have Gone Bad
- Discoloration or mold – Biscuits that have turned an off-color, such as green or black, or have developed mold, should not be eaten or discarded.
- Unusual smell – Biscuits that have an unusual or sour smell should not be eaten.
- Hard texture – Biscuits that are hard, crumbly, or brittle are likely past their prime and should not be eaten.
- Stale taste – Biscuits that taste stale likely contain too much moisture and should not be eaten.
Should you eat expired biscuits?
No. It is not recommended to eat expired biscuits. Biscuits exposed to air and moisture can become stale, dry, and hard. They can also become a breeding ground for bacteria and other contaminants that can cause foodborne illnesses.
How long do Pillsbury biscuits take to cook?
Pillsbury biscuits typically take 10-12 minutes to cook in a conventional oven. The exact time will depend on the size of the biscuits and the temperature of the oven.
How long can you keep Pillsbury biscuit dough after opening?
Pillsbury biscuit dough can usually be kept for up to 7-10 days after opening if stored properly in the refrigerator.
Pillsbury Biscuits are a great way to enjoy a delicious, homemade snack. The shelf life of Pillsbury Biscuits depends on the type of biscuit and how it is stored.
Generally, opened biscuits are good for several days if stored in a cool, dry place and up to a month if stored in the refrigerator.
However, the best way to determine the freshness of any food product is to use your senses and look for any signs of spoilage.
- Is The KitchenAid Mixer Bowl Dishwasher Safe? Answered - February 4, 2023
- How To Make Duncan Hines Brownies Better: Full Guide (2023) - February 3, 2023
- How Long Does It Take For Chocolate To Freeze? Solved (2023) - February 3, 2023