Last Updated on March 24, 2023 by Lori Walker
Weddings are a special occasion that often involves a lot of planning and preparation. One crucial aspect to consider is the food and desserts served to guests.
Cookies are a popular choice for weddings, as they can be served as a dessert or as a part of a dessert table. However, deciding how many cookies to order can be tricky.
You don’t want to run out of cookies, but you also don’t want to waste money by ordering too many.
We’ll explore how many cookies per person are needed for a wedding and offer tips on calculating the right amount.
How Many Cookies Should You Order Per Person For A Wedding?
When ordering cookies for a wedding, a good rule of thumb is to plan on ordering 3-5 cookies per person.
This assumes that cookies  will be served as a dessert or part of a dessert table and that other sweets or desserts may also be available.
However, it’s essential to consider the number of guests, the length of the reception, and the time of day the wedding takes place.
For example, a brunch wedding may require more cookies per person than an evening reception with a full dinner.
But how many cookies do Chip Ahoy packages contain?
What Factors Should You Consider?
These factors include the number of guests attending the wedding, the length of the reception, the time of day the wedding is taking place, and whether other desserts or sweets will be served.
For example, if the wedding is in the evening and a full dinner is being served, fewer cookies per person may be needed since guests may be full from the meal.
“Do I have chocolate chip cookies? Yes, I do. Do I have mint chocolate chip milkshakes? Yes, I do. I love them. They are fantastic. But when I have them, they’re worth it. I earned them. I did something. I worked out super hard. I stayed clean on food.”– Jocko Willink, American Author
On the other hand, if the wedding occurs during the day and only light refreshments will be served, more cookies per person may be needed.
It’s essential to consider these factors to ensure that you have enough cookies for your guests without overordering and wasting money.
What Types Of Cookies Are Best For Weddings?
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: A classic cookie that is always a crowd-pleaser. They can be made in various sizes, and adding nuts or other mix-ins can add extra flavor and texture.
- Sugar Cookies: These cookies can be easily customized to match the wedding theme, whether with colored icing, sprinkles, or other decorations. They can also be cut into various shapes and sizes, making them versatile.
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies: this is a slightly healthier option that satisfies a sweet tooth. The oatmeal  and raisins provide added texture and flavor.
- Macarons: A sophisticated and elegant option made in various flavors and colors. They are delicate and colorful, making them a perfect addition to any dessert table.
- Shortbread Cookies: A buttery and rich cookie that is perfect for weddings. They are versatile and can be easily cut into various shapes and sizes. They can also be customized with toppings like chocolate, nuts, or dried fruits.
Find out the number of cookies in a package of Oreos here.
How Can You Save Money On Ordering Cookies?
- Purchase from a local bakery or catering company: Instead of ordering from a national chain, consider purchasing from a local bakery or catering company. They may offer more affordable prices and be willing to negotiate on the cost.
- Order a large quantity: Many bakeries or catering companies offer discounts for large quantity orders. Consider ordering in bulk to save money on the overall cost.
- Opt for more straightforward cookies: Fancy and decorated cookies can be more expensive than more straightforward options. Consider using simpler cookies like chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin to save money.
- DIY some of the cookies: Consider baking some yourself to save money on the overall cost. This can also add a personal touch to the dessert table.
- Repurpose the cookies: Consider repurposing leftover cookies as wedding favors for guests to take home. This can help reduce waste and give guests a sweet treat to enjoy later.
Also Read: How Much Does It Cost To Buy A Cookie Cake?
How many cookies do I need for 100 people at a wedding?
300-500 cookies, assuming 3-5 cookies per person.
How many cookies are in a pound of Italian cookies?
The number of cookies in a pound of Italian cookies will depend on the size and weight of each cookie. However, on average, there are approximately 16-20 small Italian cookies in a pound.
For more giant cookies, there may be fewer cookies in a pound. It’s always best to check with the bakery or seller for specific information on the number of cookies in a pound for their product.
When planning a wedding, it’s essential to consider how many cookies to order for your guests.
While there is no one-size-fits-all answer, a good rule of thumb is to order 3-5 cookies per person, depending on factors such as the length of the reception and whether other desserts will also be available.
By estimating the number of guests and following this general guideline, you can ensure you have enough cookies for your wedding guests to enjoy without overordering and wasting money.
Additionally, by considering factors such as the type of cookies to serve and ways to save money on ordering, you can create a delicious dessert table that is both memorable and cost-effective.
- Jenn Air vs KitchenAid Stand Mixers: What’s the Difference? - June 5, 2023
- KitchenAid Artisan vs Ultra Power Stand Mixers (2023 Guide) - June 5, 2023
- Smeg Mixer vs KitchenAid: What’s the Difference? (2023) - June 4, 2023