Last Updated on April 24, 2023 by Lori Walker
Brownie batter is undoubtedly one of the most delectable desserts out there, but have you ever wished you could indulge in it without the risk of consuming raw eggs?
Well, look no further. We will show you how to make a delicious and safe-to-eat edible brownie batter. With just a few simple ingredients and some quick and easy steps, you’ll be able to satisfy your sweet tooth in no time.
We’ll teach you how to make edible brownie batter, so grab your mixing bowl, and let’s get started.
How Do You Make an Edible Brownie Batter?
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stove.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract  to the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- If desired, fold in the chocolate chips or other mix-ins.
- Serve the edible brownie batter immediately, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Check out these steps to make brownies without cocoa powder here.
What Ingredients Do You Need?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Can You Make Substitutions Or Modifications To The Recipe?
- Sugar: You can use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar for a richer flavor.
- Milk: You can use almond milk, soy milk , or another non-dairy milk instead of regular milk if you are lactose intolerant or vegan.
- Chocolate Chips: You can use any chocolate chip or chunk, such as white chocolate, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate. Alternatively, skip the chocolate chips or add other mix-ins, such as chopped nuts, dried fruit, or mini marshmallows.
- Vanilla Extract: You can use a different type of extract, such as almond or peppermint extract, to give your edible brownie batter a unique flavor.
- Flour: You can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour if you have gluten sensitivity.
- Butter: You can use salted butter instead of unsalted butter if that’s what you have, but be aware that the batter may turn out slightly saltier.
“Sunday morning, while the neighbors were whipping up pancake batter, I watched my mom effortlessly roll out smooth dough, smear it with her heady all-day ghee, and transform it into a flaky flatbread with countless crisp and chewy layers.”– Sohla El-Waylly, American Chef
Tips On How To Store Edible Brownie Batter
- Refrigerate: Store the edible brownie batter in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh for 3-4 days. This will help prevent the batter from spoiling and keep it from becoming too soft or runny.
- Use a Sealable Container: Use a sealable container with a tight-fitting lid to store the batter. This will help prevent air and moisture from getting in, which can cause the batter to dry out or become moldy.
- Label The Container: Label the container with the date you made the batter so that you can track how long it has been stored in the refrigerator.
- Let it Warm Up: Let the edible brownie batter sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften up a bit. This will make it easier to scoop, serve, and enhance the flavor and texture.
- Avoid Freezing: Edible brownie batter does not freeze well; the texture can become grainy, and the flavor may change. It’s best to refrigerate it and enjoy it within a few days.
How Can You Use Edible Brownie Batter?
- Dip: Serve the edible brownie batter as a dip for fruit, pretzels, cookies, or other snacks. It’s perfect for parties, movie nights, or anytime you want a sweet and indulgent treat.
- Topping: Use the edible brownie batter as a topping for ice cream, cake, cupcakes, or other desserts. It adds a rich, chocolatey flavor and a creamy texture that pairs well with many different types of sweets.
- Layer: Layer the edible brownie batter with other ingredients to make a decadent dessert parfait. For example, alternate layers of edible brownie batter with whipped cream, crushed cookies, or fresh berries.
- Filling: Use the edible brownie batter as a filling for sandwich cookies, macarons, or other baked treats. It’s a great way to add flavor and richness to your favorite recipes.
- Snack: You can always eat the edible brownie batter straight out of the bowl with a spoon! It’s a delicious and indulgent snack perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth.
Also Read: 5 Handy Methods To Make Brownies Soft Again
Can you eat raw brownie batter?
Traditional brownie batter contains raw eggs, which can increase the risk of foodborne illness if consumed. Therefore, eating raw brownie batter containing raw eggs is not recommended.
However, if you make an edible brownie batter recipe specifically designed to be consumed raw, it should be safe to eat.
Can you eat brownie mix powder?
It is not recommended to eat brownie mix powder, as it contains raw flour and other ingredients that may pose a risk of foodborne illness if consumed raw.
Additionally, some brownie mixes may contain raw eggs, which can increase the risk of salmonella if consumed uncooked.
Making edible brownie batter is a fun and easy way to enjoy a delicious dessert without the risk of consuming raw eggs.
By following a few simple steps and using essential ingredients, you can whip up a batch of this sweet and satisfying treat in no time.
Whether you serve it as a dip, a topping, or a filling, edible brownie batter will surely please anyone with a sweet tooth. However, enjoying it in moderation is essential as it is still high in sugar and calories.
With these tips and precautions, you can indulge in a safe and delicious dessert perfect for any occasion.
- Dutch Oven vs Braiser: Which is Better for Cooking? (2023) - May 31, 2023
- Hand Mixer vs Immersion Blender: What’s the Difference? - May 31, 2023
- Dutch Oven vs Stainless Steel Pot: What’s the Difference? - May 30, 2023