Last Updated on July 8, 2023 by Lori Walker
We all want the best kitchen appliances so we can live easily, save money, and avoid doing kitchen chores manually. Yet, the market is saturated with an overwhelming number of brands and models, like Jenn Air and KitchenAid, to choose from.
But before hastily making your way to the store and selecting one of these two brands, allow me to share my first-hand experience and provide you with a comprehensive comparison of Jenn Air vs KitchenAid.
This will help you make an informed decision about which brand is superior.
Jenn Air & KitchenAid Differences
The Jenn Air vs KitchenAid battle is challenging since both are under the Whirlpool Corporation umbrella.
Aside from the fact that KitchenAid is more affordable than Jenn Air, it is also more compact and easier to operate.
On the other hand, while Jenn Air is more expensive, with its price comes a more aesthetic appeal, and proven to be a very durable brand.
|Origin||United States, founded in 1947.||United States, founded in 1908.|
|Material Quality||Built with good quality materials like chrome-infused metals, durable ceramics, and tempered glass.||Uses excellent materials such as wood, ceramics, and stainless steel.|
|Affordability||Starts at $400.||Starts at $200.|
|Overall Cooking Performance||– Excellent performance and advanced features- Specially designed for professional chefs.||– Excellent performance and versatility- Designed for home use.|
|Selections||Limited range of models||Wide range of models|
|Compatibility||Limited compatibility with other brands||Wide range of compatibility with other brands|
History & Origin
While these two are both owned by Whirlpool, they did not start with kitchen products.
The Jenn Air products company was founded in 1947 by Lou Jenn and was purchased by Maytag Corporation in 1982.
Their first appliances are industrial fans for mass use. Today, they are selling kitchen appliances under the Jenn Air brand.
Meanwhile, KitchenAid started in 1908 and started selling only homemade blenders.
Later on, the Hobart manufacturing company created its first appliance, an industrial electric stand mixer.
They both expanded to microwaves, cooktops, fridges, and mixers, to name a few. But what’s the distinction between KitchenAid Artisan and Ultra power stand mixers?
Variety of Appliances
- These two both offer all the major types of ovens in the market. Both offer a single-wall oven, double-wall oven and even a combination oven.
- Kitchen Aid’s wall oven starts at $1,500, while Jenn Air’s starts at $3,149, making Jenn Air’s oven more than twice the price of Kitchen Aid’s.
- If you love to cook at home, KitchenAid is the best choice. They have induction, gas-powered and electric cooktops that can suit better for home use.
- Alternatively, you can still cook using Jenn Air cooktop, but the prices are more expensive.
- There are slight differences between the microwaves of these two. In general, KitchenAid is a lot simpler and cheaper than Jenn Air microwaves.
- Additionally, Jenn Air microwaves have more options and look more aesthetic than KitchenAid microwaves.
- KitchenAid and Jenn Air Fridge also have a few differences regarding freezing meat and veggies.
- A Jenn Air fridge only has bottom freezers, unlike the KitchenAid, which offers multi-door and side-by-side freezers.
- Also, KitchenAid company creates larger cooling containers than Jenn Air. They have lower prices as well.
Blender & Mixers
- KitchenAid and Jenn Air offer top-of-the-line blenders and mixers, but Kitchen Aid is much more known in this category due to its durability.
- KitchenAid and Jenn Air cookers can help you if you like home-cooked meals. The only significant difference we noticed between the two is their price.
- KitchenAid tends to be cheaper, and Jenn Air tends to be more expensive but has more features.
We saw that the extra features of Jenn Air, even in their cooktop and dishwasher, are specially designed for professionals. People running a food business will love this brand.
Meanwhile, KitchenAid wall ovens, double wall ovens, and freestanding refrigerators have similar features to Jenn Air but are much more designed for home use.
Although both KitchenAid and Jenn Air are tested and proven already, JennAir products are slightly more durable since they are made of more expensive materials like bronze and nylon.
Style & Design
Serve with style with Jenn Air products. Their products have better finishes and appearance than KitchenAid, so they are also more expensive.
Jenn Air products are also a good choice for houses with large kitchen spaces as their products tend to eat a lot of space.
“Jenn Air exudes innovation, KitchenAid masters tradition, both redefine culinary artistry.”Leonelli Bakery
In general, JennAir is more aesthetically pleasing than KitchenAid, but of course, KitchenAid also has exquisite designs, like their dishwashers with a gold-covered rack.
Their products are also known to be more compact than their competitors. People with a limited area in their kitchen will like having these Kitchen-Aid products in their houses.
Maintenance & Ease of Usage
Although both of them are from the same corporation, KitchenAid is much easier and simpler to operate than JennAir as you can use it straight out of the box.
Warranty coverage varies depending on the type of machine that you will buy. KitchenAid offers a 1-year limited warranty, while JennAir offers a 2-year limited warranty.
Both are designed to be efficient.
“Consider the size of appliance you need with the highest energy rating, and this will help you find the most cost-effective appliance for you.”Joanna O’LoanO’Loan, Knowledge Manager at Energy Saving Trust
However, A KitchenAid model differs from a JennAir model in terms of certification because KitchenAid is Energy Star certified .
When it comes to features, JennAir and KitchenAid have the same features, but JennAir is catered more to the professional side.
This means JennAir has more high-end features since its products are built with good-quality materials made from chrome-infused metals, durable ceramics, and tempered glass.
This is evidenced in its stainless body, bronze gear, and nylon bowl.
Meanwhile, the KitchenAid brand by Whirlpool Corporation uses excellent materials like wood, ceramics, and stainless steel to allow convection for their microwaves and dishwashers.
If you want a simple and affordable dishwasher for your dishes or a simple cooktop for your kitchen, then KitchenAid is the right choice.
JennAir is considered one of the most expensive brands compared to other brands in the market. Their stand mixer starts at $400.
Though this brand is expensive, you will get more value from its products than competitors.
Meanwhile, the KitchenAid brand is all about simplicity and doing the task for the best price. Their mixers start at $200 because it is much simpler in design and function.
Both these companies products are available in the U.S., but KitchenAid has more branches worldwide.
Also Read: Is KitchenAid Classic Better Than Deluxe?
Do Jenn Air & KitchenAid Share Similarities?
Both Kitchen Aid and JennAir offer various appliances, including ovens, cooktops, microwaves, refrigerators, and mixers. They are also both widely available in the U.S.
While these two sister companies are from the same company, they have more differences than similarities. But is a KitchenAid 600 stand mixer better than a 6000 stand mixer?
Which offers more customization options for their appliances, Jenn Air or KitchenAid?
Is Jenn Air a sister brand of KitchenAid?
Yes, Jenn Air is a sister brand of Kitchen Aid. Both JennAir and KitchenAid are owned by the Whirlpool Corporation .
Can you control KitchenAid and Jenn Air appliances remotely?
Based on our tests, yes, they both have smart kitchen technology that you can control from anywhere using their applications on your phone .
It’s evident the two are almost similar, but in the battle between JennAir vs KitchenAid, the former beat KitchenAid in the overall standing.
Setting the price point aside, JennAir has a lot more value to their machines, thanks to their bonus features (like being able to customize your appliance).
However, that does not mean that KitchenAid is not worth your money. This brand can keep up from the best dishwasher to the most compact straight microwave.
- How Long Can Pizza Sit Out Before It Goes Bad? Revealed (2023) - September 19, 2023
- Can You Get Food Poisoning from Pizza? Safety Insights (2023) - September 18, 2023
- How Long Does Cheesecake Last in the Fridge? Solved (2023) - September 17, 2023